Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gotta hit em all!

I have my map all laid out here:


View 2009 Yarn Crawl in a larger map

It is still a work in progress but you are very impressed, no?

Game plan as of today (subject to change, overtime and the chaos that runs my life):

I am factoring about an hour time spent at each shop, with an attempt at a half hour of buffer where possible to account for traffic and getting lost.

Friday - get off work at 3. Get to Bluebonnet and Gauge before they close (both at 6pm). Make it to HCW if there is time, but don't strain it (also to close at 6pm).

Saturday - hit a line of stuff towards San Antonio. The Yarn Barn Opens first on Saturday so get there before ten (this means leaving North Austin by about 8am). Work back to Yarnivore (11:30). Stop somewhere interesting in San Antinio for lunch(12:30-1:30). Drive back out to Old Oaks Ranch in Wimberly (3:30). Final Stop of the day is the Knitting Nest (5:30) &/or HCW if I didn't get to them Friday. HCW might be a smarter choice since the Knitting Nest will be open Monday until 9pm. Have a celebratory dinner somewhere in Central Austin and gloat proudly over all the yarn I didn't mean to buy.

Sunday - hit the way out there shops. Start at Stonehill in Fredricksburg (10am - once again this is an 8am leave time morning). Loop back to the Tinsmith's Wife in Comfort (11:30). Stop for lunch somewhere in Comfort or Boerne(12:15-1:15). Hit Rosewood Yarns (1:30) and Ewe & Eye (2:30). Go home and take a nap. Or alternately hit the Knitting Nest or HCW if they are still missing from the passport and then go take a nap. Wonder over dinner why I thought this was such a good idea. Snuggle up with pretty yarn and try to get some sleep before the weekend is over.

Monday - get out of work by 4. Get out to Yarnorama. Since I work out in Taylor even if I have to stay late this should be achievable and, unless I'm still missing the Knitting Nest, my last shop. Go home and stare at the new stash. Resolve not to buy any more yarn for at least three months (well... resolve for six and then fail to last more than 2).

Spend the following week in a state of yarn shock, eating out because there was no time to go grocery shopping or do the dishes over the weekend and sniffing clothes because usually laundry is a weekend task as well. Pass in and outer of hyperactive yarn crazy and fits of frantic startitis.

Indeed. It shall be a great thing.

2 comments:

Jan Berry said...

Such fun! Take photos if you think about it. Maybe I should come to Austin for next year's crawl??

Amanda Candler said...

Oooooookay! That weekend is going to be insane, I might as well come to this realization now so it is less of a shock when it actually HAPPENS!...

Saturday I'll be booked until 3PM, after which I figure I will head off around Austin on my own to hit up all the stores you will have already left swaying in your wake... I need to save up some money now so I can actually afford to buy a few little things. I seriously need no more yarn, but bags and such are still open territory! MWA-HA!

Sunday, I'll be tagging along with you. Getting home will be interesting that weekend, I can see it already!

I still think I will most likely have to hit Yarnorama on my way IN on Friday evening rather than on Saturday... That is going to be SOOOO INTERESTING!