Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Scarf in a weekend

Friday night I warped my loom. I used the hank of Handmaiden Casbah sock yarn that has been calling to me all month for the warp. It took me a couple of half hours (interspersed with watching Primeval on Netflix) and a few false starts to get the color repeats in a pooling pattern I was happy with.

Saturday I went to the spin in out at Yarnorama.


Sunday I sat down with my loom, a couple of bobbins full of red bamboo and wove while watching the first season of Legend of the Seeker (little cliche for my tastes, but I'm caught up on most of my geek shows and it required minimal attention to follow. Also it has a lot of Craig Horner's Abs).

Whole scarf finished in one weekend.

I expect that I could have woven the whole thing warping to tie off in under 6 hours.

Must love weaving.

(Casbah Sock in "Monarch" with Valley Yarns 10/2 Bamboo in "Spice"

10.5" x 54", woven on a Schact Flip with a 12 dent heddle)

No comments: