Thursday, February 4, 2010

Shrug Update 2.4.10


Because everyone loves looking at really shitty mirror photos.

Come on. You know you love it.

Note to self: Congratulations on not making a squinty face. Next time consider that you are not about to be eaten by evil space monkeys. Try looking less like something is about to pop up and shoot you (camera notwithstanding).

I have been neurotically trying this one on as I go. Annoying though it is to toss the stitches onto waste yarn and pick them back up again over & over it does seem to be working for me. Any future issues aside the arms and back fit well.

I'm in the ribbing section before the increases and at that spot where I'm doubting a little that I should wait as long as I'm told to start them. I will knit to where it tells me to start and try it on again. If it pulls too much I can always tear back a few rows and start increasing earlier.

Fit is pretty good right now. The reverse stockinette/stockinette stripes are all smooshed up right now but based on that super-swatch I did was back when, I anticipate them relaxing substantially with blocking. The back should presumably drop several inches when this happens (May steam block it on the needles to check for sure). The shoulder bands where I have smoothed it down and stuck it to my shirt are much closer to how I anticipate the finished look to be.

I'm hoping that I can get the final length at the back to fall about to the base of my belt loops but this means a LOT more knitting to cover my freakishly long torso. Also there may reach a point where the Collar becomes too bulky and I have to say when (or else do something involving short rows... ugh). I expect I will like it even if it falls a bit short of the goal... just so long as it comes down past my natural waist.

Still on the fence about how long I want to do the sleeves. I have them on holders at elbow length but I'm considering if I want them full length. Going to wait until the body is done to decide for sure.

3 comments:

Jan Berry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan Berry said...

Pretty, pretty shrug!

And your expressive face reminds me of a 16th Century Italian aristocrat in some famous Late Renaissance painting: very striking and serious and noble.

Kleigh said...

Only you, Mom.