Sunday, February 28, 2010

2 Week Sweater

How proud of myself am I right now?

Seriously.

I, who has shown previously a curiously consistent inability to knit a sweater... have knit a sweater.

In under two weeks.

That fits.


February Lady Sweater
Malabrigo Worsted in Buscando Azul
Buttons from "The Silk Road" in Austin, TX
I know, I know.

I'm as shocked as you are.

Really.

I was sure right up until the end that it wasn't going to work. The sleeves would be too tight, or the hem would be too long (or worse - too short). The neck would be too tight or the yoke would not fit.

But no.

Its lovely.

Its issues are all minor and nitpicky (which doesn't stop me from noticing them, but they aren't about to keep me from wearing it either thanks).

And freakishly enough I liked knitting it. All of it. Even the part where I was forced to tear out and reknit the yoke.

I feel like a very accomplished knitter right now.

3 comments:

Jan Berry said...

It fits! It's pretty! You did a great job -- the sweater curse is broken!

Jeri Brock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeri Brock said...

You did a great job! Congrats! Yes, indeed, the sweater curse is officially gone.