Sunday, May 16, 2010

Black Magic

OMG LOVE.

Finished yarn is 610yds & 4 oz, Chain-plied to keep the color transitions and in the range of heavy lace~light fingering. I know its gonna be a shawl, but haven't decided which one yet.

I loooooove this yarn. The fiber is outstanding. Its from Fiber Optic Yarns (on etsy though she also has her own website now) and its the Superwash Merino roving in the Black Magic Colorway. I am rarely so impressed with a indie dyer's work but this fiber was really above & beyond. For one thing the depth of shade is so strong - the color was even and rich and there was ZERO bleed out when I did the finishing which seriously... I always expect bleeding on colors this dark. Even commercial yarns often bleed when they're this dark. The fiber was soft and not compacted and a real joy to spin. I'm really hoping to get a chance to try out some of her other rovings soon.

So yay! I haz yarns. =)

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Great looking skein! I really love the colors, and I think it will make a lovely shawl too !